Purpose of Role
Based at our North Walsham branch, we are looking for Machine Setters / Plastic Moulders which will be responsible for ensuring self-sufficiency of an operational team. The role forms part of one area on a shift team which will include moulding. Working closely with the Team Leader they will be responsible for day to day operations within the department including tool and colour changes as well as improvement and process control.
The Shift Setter will be required to work for our 24/7 business working 12 hour shifts. The weekly hours are 42 per week, divided into 3.5 shifts per week over a two week period. Hours are from 6.00 a.m. to 6.00 p.m. and from 6.00 p.m. to 6.00 a.m. alternating. You will also be requested to complete a 15 minute handover per shift as overtime.
- The set-up of all equipment to ensure production optimisation including tool preparation & tool maintenance;
- Work closely with the Team Leader to meet daily production plans to the required standard;
- General housekeeping duties;
- Set machines within timeframes ensuring they produce parts and run efficiently;
- Assist operators on requirements of the process;
- Health and Safety awareness ensuring a zero accident mentality;
- Manufacturing performance to plan including recording, resolving and escalating issues to meet defined Quality Criteria;
- Process control and continuous improvement;
- Tool and colour changes in accordance with the process settings and necessary fault finding;
- Facilitating the training/mentoring/induction of colleagues;
- Team cover on other duties e.g. packing;
- Problem solving within the cell;
- Material movement and control;
- Identification and implementation of waste reduction initiatives;
- Proper packaging of the produced goods and disposal of the waste;
- Maintenance of a safe, clean, and tidy work area in cooperation with the other shift workers;
- Shift handovers;
- Completion of relevant documentation in a legible manner, on time and in full · Safety checks on injection moulding machines;
- Record process change adjustments.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience
- Health and Safety awareness;
- FMCG / Factory experience essential;
- Plastics industry experience essential;
- HNC or HND desirable;
- GCSE passes at average or above level in Maths and English or equivalent is essential;
- Injection moulding or blow moulding experience desirable;
- Engineering aptitude.
- Ability to assess risk and work safely;
- Positive attitude and work ethic, with the ability to work in a team or independently;
- Ability to work to company procedures;
- Reliable timekeeping and attendance;
- Excellent communication skills;
- A desire to meet and exceed customer expectations in terms of quality of product;
- Attention to detail;
- Continuous improvement desire;
- Problem solving ability Flexibility and adaptability.
Salary: £11.28 per hour (inclusive of shift premium)
- Bike to work scheme
- On-site parking
- Employee referral programme
- Career progressions
- Shut down period over Christmas
COVID-19 rules and regulations for on-site visits are provided upon entry.
About Weener Plastics
Weener Plastics (WP) is a leading producer of high-quality and complex plastic packaging products. The UK's North Walsham plant designs, develops and produces caps and closures. Sustainability is an important and integral part of our strategy. We take all kinds of measures and initiatives to reduce our own environmental footprint and we help customers to reduce theirs by offering more sustainable solutions. Customers are manufacturers of multinational brands as well as private labels in the personal care, food and household industries. As part of the worldwide Weener group, we continuously focus on technological innovation. A highly advanced machine park ensures that products can be made seven days a week, 24 hours a day at the North Walsham plant.
Do you have any questions, require additional information or wish to apply for the position?
If so, please contact Julie Tregay, HR Manager on 01692 400023 or via email on firstname.lastname@example.org.
We aim to contact you within 2 days.
12 Jan 2022